The Safety Specialist will be responsible for coordinating the daily on-site safety activities while administering and implementing the Health and Safety programs that ensure compliance with statutory requirements to promote safe and healthy working conditions. Perform assignments of moderate complexity following the direction of the assigned Manager. Supports implementing established policies and procedures. Prepares reports, provides site inspections, supports established safety programs, and supports training and orientation.
Duties & Essential Job Functions:
Other Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight of regulations and policies.
- Assist with development of site specific plans and procedures covering a variety of safety issues.
- Assist with implementing site safety plans and procedures.
- Coordinate collection and analysis of safety metrics throughout the year.
- Assist with Incident Investigations.
- Collect data, establish facts and perform root cause analysis and draws valid conclusions. Report to Health and Safety management team and recommend corrective and preventative actions.
- Prepare required documentation and incident reporting and create safety alerts.
- Develop hazard mitigation practices.
- Monitor, maintain, and implement Safety Management System programs to ensure compliance in accordance with all company, local, state, and federal regulations.
- Participate in Site Safety auditing.
- Observe and ensure implementation of Safe Work Practices on site including compliance with site safety requirements.
- Participate in daily safety meetings with assigned project team.
- Evaluate hazards in work tasks, work environments, and JSA’s with team.
- Communicate results of safety meeting including action plans, personnel tasks, and targeted deadlines.
- Conduct or coordinate the scheduling of any safety training required.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Must have good written, verbal communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to read and interpret policies, programs, and regulations.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and ensure prompt completion of tasks and assignments.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently. Relies on minimal instructions and pre-established guidelines and timetables to perform the functions of the job.
- Competent with Microsoft Office products, Internet, and other database programs.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited university or equivalent work experience.
- At least two years progressive safety and health related experience in the Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) field.
- TWIC, ARSC Basic Safety.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- First-Aid/CPR, OSHA 10, 30.
- HAZWOPER 24, 40 / HAZMAT.
- CSST or equivalent certification.
- OSHA 500, 510 and / or 501, 511.
- Working towards receiving ASP.