OneSource EHS is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Safety/Industrial Hygiene (IH) Specialist position to add to its team of EHS professionals. The Safety/IH Specialist will be responsible for supporting Safety and IH activities throughout the organization. This position offers competitive pay and an opportunity for career advancement.
Duties & Essential Job Functions:
Other Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop or revise policies and procedures to meet or exceed OSHA and RAGAGEP standards.
- Understand operating principles, procedures and practices to ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Assist with the development and implementation of site specific plans and procedures covering a variety of safety issues.
- Conduct incident investigation activities, root cause analysis, corrective action identification and closure.
- Participate in Site Safety auditing.
- As needed, observe and ensure implementation of Safe Work Practices on site including compliance with site safety requirements.
- Assist in collecting industrial hygiene samples of air, water, vapors, gases, dusts and other potentially toxic materials for analysis.
- Assist in the care and maintenance of industrial hygiene sampling equipment.
- Perform data entry related to industrial hygiene sampling campaigns.
- Conduct Training as needed.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Must have excellent written, verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to read and interpret policies, programs and regulations.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and ensure prompt completion of tasks and assignments
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently, but also oversee and mentor others. Relies on minimal instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Competent with Microsoft Office products, Internet, and other database programs.
- At least two (2) years progressive safety and health related experience in the Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) field.
- TWIC, ARSC Basic Safety.
- Associate’s degree in Health & Safety, Environmental Science, Chemistry or closely related area of study from an accredited university or equivalent work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health & Safety, Environmental Science, Chemistry or closely related area of study.
- Prior experience drafting policies and procedures in an industrial setting.
- Prior experience performing Industrial Hygiene Monitoring/Sampling.