The Technical Writer will be responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including operating principles, procedures and practices to ensure safe and efficient operation of plant areas. Writes and edits technical documentation for policies and procedures specific to plant operations, manufacturing processes and methods that are efficient, effective and safe. This position has above-market compensation and benefits package, depending on experience, along with career development opportunities to meet your personal career goals.
Duties & Essential Job Functions:
Other Functions and Responsibilities:
- Research, collect data sources, and interview appropriate personnel to create documentation and work instructions for production manufacturing processes.
- Define proper work methods for task and appropriate processes for work flow activities.
- Develop policies and procedures specific to plant operations.
- Document manufacturing processes and methods that are efficient, effective and safe.
- Conduct ad-hoc studies of manufacturing operations for improvement when requested.
- Understand operating principles, procedures and practices to ensure safe and efficient operation of assigned plant areas.
- Has knowledge of process equipment, process conditions and control systems.
- Take personal ownership and responsibility for protecting people from harm, and for assisting in developing strategies that drive performance and support continuous improvement.
- Must have good written, verbal communication, and organizational skills.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and ensure prompt completion of tasks and assignments
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently.
- Competent with Microsoft Office products, Internet, and other database programs.
- High School diploma, or higher, with relevant process experience, or an Associates’ Degree in Process Technology (PTEC)
- Bachelors degree in English, Technical Writing, Mechanical/Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 1- 4 years industrial work experience.
- TWIC, ARSC Basic Safety.
- Expertise providing engineering support in a Chemical, Pharmaceutical, or related manufacturing environment with a broad understanding of chemical processes and unit operations.