OneSource EHS is currently seeking a qualified and experienced Industrial Hygienist to add to its team of EHS professionals. The Industrial Hygienist will be responsible for supporting IH activities including monitoring, sample handling, data analysis, and use of monitoring equipment under the direction of a Certified Industrial Hygienist. This position offers competitive pay and opportunity for career advancement.
Duties & Essential Job Functions:
Other Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assists in collecting industrial hygiene samples of air, water, vapors, gases, dusts and other potentially toxic materials for analysis.
- Assists in performing exposure assessments, analyses of operational procedures, audits, and incident investigations.
- Develop a current knowledge of Company, OSHA, MSHA and other regulatory standards.
- Assists in the care and maintenance of industrial hygiene sampling equipment.
- Assists in the development and recommendation of appropriate remedial actions in response to unsafe conditions or practices.
- Performs data entry related to industrial hygiene sampling campaigns.
- Drafts appropriate reports and presentations for management.
- Performs other duties as potential exposures while making recommendations for correcting unsafe conditions and actions.
- Must have excellent written, verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to read and interpret policies, programs and regulations.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prompt completion of tasks and assignments
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently, but also oversee and mentor others. Relies on minimal instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Competent with Microsoft Office products, Internet, and other database programs.
- Five (5) plus years of experience in the field of Industrial Hygiene.
- Associate’s degree in Health & Safety, Environmental Science, Chemistry or closely related area of study from an accredited university or equivalent work experience.
- Seeking to become a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Bachelor’s degree in Health & Safety, Environmental Science, Chemistry or closely related area of study.
- LDEQ Certified Asbestos Contractor Supervisor Certification.
- Prior consulting experience.
- Current and active AIHA member.